We currently have a very exciting opportunity available as we are looking for an a member join our team and gain exposure to a wide variety of hardware and software.
We are looking for an IT Consultant that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality.
A successful applicant must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to support, build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimise the role of technology for the clients.
- Set up workstations and servers with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, firewalls, scanners, printers etc.)
- Manage users in Active directory
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Provide remote and onsite support
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Research new technologies to implement for clients
- Experience supporting Microsoft windows environments
- Experience with Windows servers and Exchange.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Able to multi-task and be part of a team
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Experience with hyper V
- Experience of Office 365
- Basic knowledge of Mac OS X
Other Experience but not essential:
- Mimecast installation and Support
- Office 365 migrations
- Email Encryption
- Sophos UTMs
If you feel you are up for the role, please send us your CV and covering letter to [email protected]